Over 1.5 million people suffer from type 2 diabetes costing the Australian government $14.6 billion dollars annually.
Diabetes360 is on a mission to support GPs and their patients to self-manage their type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes360 is a comprehensive type 2 diabetes education and management service. We work collaboratively with you to provide structured diabetes education and medication management support to ensure your patient achieves their diabetes management targets and goals as documented in their GP Management Plan.
Diabetes360 is a mobile service that operates from the pharmacy, medical practice or patients home. Our services are bulk billed with a valid GP referral under the Chronic Disease Care Plan item numbers. Patients are offered on going follow-up via phone, email or face-to-face on completion of their annual Team Care Arrangement referral.
As Accredited Pharmacists and Credentialled Diabetes Educators we can offer the following diabetes education services to your patients:
- Education for those newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes
- Gestational diabetes support
- Insulin initiation and titration
- Byetta and Bydureon initiation
- Referral to Co-Stars program for patients on Lantus which provides for an additional 2 hours of free education
- Provision of fact sheets and tools to assist with diabetes self-management
- Health coaching and goal setting
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring including Flash Glucose Monitoring (Freestyle Libre)
- Home Medicines Reviews (item 900)
Diabetes360 is committed to ensuring your patient meets their targets and goals through achieving positive and sustained behavioural change and lifestyle modification along with optimal medication management.